Well, inspired by Shaolintiger, and prompted by UiHua, I will do this meme. Fortunately the one I was sent was 20 and not 25 like ShaolinTiger
Rules: Once you’ve been tagged, you are supposed to write a note with 20 random things, facts, habits, or goals about you. At the end, choose 20 people to be tagged. You have to tag the person who tagged you. If I tagged you, it’s because I want to know more about you.
1. I have never been tagged before, and I really don’t like the idea of memes. It freaks me out a bit. I will not be forwarding this to 20 people because I assume they think like me. And I’m probably wrong.
2. I sometimes wonder if I have a slight touch of Asperger’s syndrome: routines are important to me and if my routine gets messed up, I get very anxious and unsettled.
3. I smoked my first cigarette when I was 10. That was not a good idea.
4. One girl in school told me she didn’t want to go out with me because I was shorter than her. And I wondered whether it was because I had taken up smoking so early.
5. I hitchhiked quite a lot when I was younger. My longest hitchhiking trip was four days from Brussels to Belgrade.
6. I slept in a Sherman tank once (with a friend) – it stood on the main square of Bastogne and we had nowhere else to sleep. And we were pretty drunk.
7. I like to eat toast with Marmite every morning.
8. I want to be a vegetarian.
9. I declined to do my First Communion (Catholic rite) when I was eight, because I thought it was hypocritical to do it just for the presents when I didn’t believe in God.
10. I once prayed to the Virgin Mary when I was 25. I prayed for patience, hope and strength.
11. I think memes like this are way too long.
12. I want to be able to go to space one day.
13. I want to write a book.
14. I love my wife.
15. I really admire my wife too.
16. I think one day most people will have an avatar/blog/personal space online which will be one of their principle ways of interacting with other people.
17. I think people will eventually start living in and on the sea.
18. 1984 (by George Orwell) is one of my favourite novels.
19. I believe that anarchy means responsibility, and if everyone were truly responsible for themselves and their actions, the world would be a much better place.
20. I don’t like chicken feet.
OK! There you go, twenty random facts
Honestly, I won't forward this on to anyone - I just feel like it's a bit of an imposition to people. But if you like, do it anyway - it's kind of an interesting experience. Call it the 'auto-meme'